Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Excerpt from Sinful Secrets

Sinful Secrets by Andrea Jones

“Only person I know with a private number I haven’t talked to in three years,” Corbin said when he answered the phone.
How in the hell could he have known it was me, she thought.
“Hello Corbin,” Angela said.
“Hey gorgeous I was starting to think you were never gonna’ call.”
“What is it that you want from me Corbin?” Angela asked getting straight to the point.
“I don’t want to talk over the phone so why don’t we have lunch and talk.”
“I have lunch appointments already so the phone will have to do.”
“Damn Angela you treatin’ me like a stranger. I thought we were better than that,” Corbin said sounding offended.
“Well Corbin I’m a busy woman and I really don’t see what we have to discuss. We don’t have any unfinished business between us. We had a thing three years ago and I’m married now so tell me what I’m leaving out,” Angela said coldly.
“Wow a thing is what you call it? I can’t believe this is the same woman I fell in love with.”
Love, Angela thought. What the hell could someone like Corbin know about love?
“Corbin look I called because you asked me to and now you not sayin’ anything relevant so I guess this conversation is over.”
“I’m not sayin’ anything relevant and I just said I was in love with you? Angela look I really need to know what happened. You disappeared when I got locked up. I never got a letter, a visit, or anything. We was way more than friends so cut the bullshit. I got plenty to say I’m just not gonna’ do it over the phone so either you meet with me or I can come down to your office,” Corbin said hotly.
Damn is he really threatening me? This man has balls I will give him that.
“There is no need to come here Corbin when my schedule frees up I will meet with you.”
“Fine I expect to hear from you soon,” Corbin said and hung up.
Angela sat back in her chair and closed her eyes. What the hell was she getting herself into? 

No comments:

Post a Comment